Don't like having dark underarms when you want to wear that spaghetti strap dress or tank top? Darker underarm skin can keep some people from dressing in sleeveless tops, wearing bathing suits in public, and participating in sports.
Like skin blemishes and discoloration on other parts of the body, dark underarms can result in a lack of confidence and self-esteem.
Some common reasons for discolored arm pits are
- deodorants and antiperspirants (chemical irritants)
- shaving (irritation and abrasion)
- dead skin cell accumulation (lack of exfoliation)
- friction (tight clothes)
Here are 3 steps to lighten arm pits
- Exfoliate. Use a body scrub or a facial exfoliator two to three times a week.
- Change your deodorant/antiperspirant. Switch to a natural alternative such as Plant Powered Fresh Deodorant or apple cider vinegar or stop using deodorant all together.
- Stop shaving. Choose waxing, epilating or laser hair removal instead.